Tuesday 22 April 2008

Update on the dresser and life here......

Hi all, well today my daughter passed her driving test - she has taken Ross out for a drive and a meal! Well done ........

The dresser - well after all the hype this is the first thing I have won on ebay that I have been disappointed with. I know I am intending to paint it but there are loads more scratches on it than were mentioned in the ad. However I fawned over it when they came on Saturday - as you do. The thing is in the picture I was expecting a fairly modern looking oak dresser like you see in the shops at the moment. It is actually the type that my parents have in the their house. Its OK but just not what I expected still never mind its packed with loads of stuff and will be painted one weekend in Summer. I was intending to take off the middle glass door so I had some open space but because it has two long shelves inside that wont be possible - still I have my wooden bargain knobs (ebay 1.99 for 8 tho I need 9!) mahogany to stain like the Smallbone kitchens or paint -we'll see.

Can't post my dresser pic from ebay as Isaved it in Word. Daughter just came back on a total high - she and Ross have been looking at moving out and his boss has offered them a place to rent about 11 miles from here - they hav been sat with us working out how much money it will cost to live together - she came back down to earth with a bit of a bump! Still I reckon they would manage. Hmm I won't be able to persuade Alan to extend now.................I must come back tomorrow and post the jumble pics and some I took the other of the dresser. Night night

Whoops nearly forgot we are now on the eau de nil match pot from LA we need the pale one I think but they didn't have any! I will get this hall and stairs painted eventually - in the time I have taken Alan has been concentrating on the garden - he has done loads and all I do is sit with the paintcards and tell him where to plant stuff we brought with us - its looking good.

5 comments:

Ragged Roses said...

Congrats to your daughter on passing her driving test and good luck with her move! Sorry to hear you weren't happy with the dresser, I'm sure it'll look lovely with some paint, good luck to you for that!
Kimx

prettyshabby said...

hello, well done that girl! my son is already saving up for his driving lessons..watch out world!
Its horrid when you buy something on ebay and its not how you expect it to be..Ive done it many times, people can be very leaniant with the truth sometimes!
ps I'm not a yummy mummy size either!

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Congratulations to you daughter....sorry about the dresser...

mrsnesbitt said...

Hey! You may be able to give me some advice....I am selling my linen press.....could you give me some pointers on the price!


Lots of love & hugs...
Dxxxxxxx
(Defo coffee asap! even after work....I will come over!)

Louise said...

Well done to your daughter for passing her driving test. I have had a few dodgy items from ebay. The trouble is people have different perceptions of what good condition means. I am sure once you have given the dresser your magic touch, it will look very different. x