Tuesday 17 June 2008

Houston - We have lift off - Hurrah for 02

This posting is almost upside down so please bear with me when you read it.


Some more goodies acquired lately-wll there should be more pictures but blogger won't let me add anymore and as there is an orderly queue now we have broadband I will say goodnight - its good to be back and I have lots of pictures to add.This is the green shelf unit I showed a couple of postings ago - it now in situ with 'stuff' on it - I shall be moving it soon as I want to add a plate rack so I can unload the dishwasher onto it like I had in the previous house. I found them on David Mellors site so will treat myself next month and the unit can move ot the other wall - Alan is not completely aware of the imminent move - I have told him but he wasn't listening at the time - I know it..............This little beauty is my sewing box - it holds all the things you need to hand for speed and then often holds a current project. It is a great size and it good condition from a charity shopThese are my little vintage suitcases they are quite small - think the one to the front of the picture might have been for a small instrument. They are sitting on the top shelf of an Ikea wall mounted coat hook stand - I love themBeen so long since I blogged properly I cant remember how to add the pics where I want so excuse the jumble! The pictures of the panelling are for Lucy Bloom to see. We wanted to try and make it more like we think it would have been and the wall where we added the loo would normally have been wooden so we added wooden strips like we saw after trawling through books of the era. WE then painted and sanded the plaster wall and the wood together in satnwood so it looked all the same. It actually looks like wood and our carpet fitter came in and said ' Hmm original panelling eh' - we were cock a hoop!

Anyway the big news today is that Kate and Ross are now no longer moving in together - she has decided she isnt ready to do so yey - she says that passing her test has opened up her life so much that she wants to go out and about and enjoy herself !! Hmm I seem to remember saying something like that some time ago. Ross had apparently agreed and siad he wanted to go travelling before he setled down anyway (!! was that without KAte then??) Anyway he rang her today and said as she wouldnt move in with him then there was no point in continuing etc etc. She has gone to his house tonight to get her stuff and talk. I am hoping this is it and they stay unengaged to be honest. Although I have lost my plumber now and he took the radiators off the back room wall on Sunday so we could decorate more easily............and what about my bathroom???...... Aaaaaargh
I dont know if anyone agrees out there but although these young adults think they are soooo grown up now they arent really - everything has to be so intense in their relationships - they must understand that life isn't like Hollyoaks and the soaps, but hey what do I know. So we will see what happens tonight when she gets back -she was a bit fragile when she leftSigned up for 02 last Tuesday and here I am. Just got to a financial battle with Supanet now but I am so happy to be independent again. I am going to add some photos of the hall which is now decorated I am pleased to say - I didnt want to keep the spindles - we wanted square ones and we wanted to stain the handrail but there is so much to do we compromised and I must admit the hall is lovely and light an clean now. We arent having any carpet fitted until the bathroom is done because we all know its going to be messy isn't it! This was to be the start of the blog I seem to have to think about the end before the beginning when I post - is it the same for everyone - when adding pictures or am I stupid??





6 comments:

Lucy Bloom said...

Love all your bits, but the panelling has made me green!
Lucy x

MarmaladeRose said...

Hi Catherine, your hallway looks lovely and light.You have been working hard.
As for blogging, I put the pictures on first and work around them. They always appear at the top of the blog, but if you click and drag them, you can move them down to where you want them. Anyway I like your topsy turvy postings! Fi x

mrsnesbitt said...

Love the hall...it is more or less the same as ours, but we dont have banisters/spindles we have a solid wall. Ex-Police House, so very solid!

MarmaladeRose said...

Hello again. To answer your question about the felt making. On a holiday to the Dales in 2005, long before we decided to come and live here, we visited Andrea Hunters studio in Hardraw.The children and I wandered around looking at the pictures on the walls, and then watched a lady at a small desk make a tiny piece of felt. Whilst there I bought starter pack for the children,(fools, they were never going to get their hands on it!)and thats how I got started.At the same time I was doing a general textile course one afternoon a week at my local college, but we only made felt once. So I suppose I'm mainly self taught.
It's really easy to do. The rougher you are with it the better. Get yourself a book from the library, and have a go. I get my merino wool from Wingham Wools online. If you have anymore questions, I'm happy to help, but I'm no expert, honestly!

MarmaladeRose said...

Forgot to say Andrea Hunter has a web site its www.focusonfelt.co.uk

prettyshabby said...

Your hall is looking lovely..love the colour, i must read back to see what F&B paint it is as i remember you mentioned it somewhere! you're certainly cracking on with the house!